Daughter of a diplomat and a painter, Cornelia Much grew up in different countries. After her studies as a music dealer as well as her vocal studies (Brussels, Mozarteum Salzburg) she worked in leading positions for Ricordi Music Publishing, Teldec Records, the German Phono Academy and Orfeo Records.
Since the founding of her own company Kultur & MedienManagement in 1985, Cornelia Much very successfully ran different activities including artist relations, PR and event management (Cotrubas, Ricciarelli, Bumbry, Ravenna Festival, Salzburg Festival/Granada TV, Montreal Symphony Orchestra, Bank of Montreal). In 1987 she founded the German office of MTV Europe and introduced the music channel in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Central and Eastern Europe. Later she also took over the representation of Granada Television. Since 1992 Cornelia Much works together with Reed MIDEM, first introducing in Germany and other territories the trade fair MILIA, then MIDEM, MIDEM AMERICAS and MIDEM ASIA. Since then she is responsible for the management of the German office as well as the business development for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Central and Eastern Europe, the Nordic and Baltic countries and the Caucasus. Being an expert in classical music, in 2005 she initiated the Cannes Classical Awards followed by the MIDEM Classical Awards. In this function she welcomed world famous artists such as Yehudi Menuhin, Monserrat Caballé, Mirella Freni, Christa Ludwig, Valery Gergiev, Jonas Kaufmann as well as young promising talents including the Heath Quartet. Jan Lisiecki or Martin Grubinger.
Cornelia Much was Artistic Director of the Badenweiler Opera Days. Furthermore she supports young singers and artists in building up their careers and works for different international cultural projects. Since 2002 Cornelia Much is Member of the Honorary Committee of the Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival in Warsaw, since 2010 also Member of the Board of the MUSIC UNITES - Krzysztof Penderecki International Society e.V. and in 2010 Cornelia Much had been appointed to the board of the Lehnhardt Foundation. Besides her skills in arts, international marketing, trade shows and IT, she also takes care of different health projects.
Cornelia Much was third prize winner of the German competition "Bundeswettbewerb Gesang” in 1974 and the German label Beaux has released her CD "German Romantic Opera Arias”.
She has been awarded with the order "Pour le Mérite" of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Poland.
”German Romantic Opera Arias”
01. Paul Wranitzky ”Oberon” (1789) Arie Der Titania "Hör, O Gottheit, Meine Klagen"
02. Paul Wranitzky ”Oberon” (1826) Arie Der Amande "Wo Bist Du, Wonne Meines Lebens"
03. Louis Spohr ”Der Berggeist” (1825) Rezitativ & Arie Der Alma "Von Zweifeln Stürmisch" "Hoffnung! Du von Himmelshöhn"
04. Louis Spohr ”Der Alchymist” (1830) Arie Der Paola "So Bin Ich Verraten"
05. Peter von Winter ”Das unterbrochene Opferfest” (1796) Arie Der Myrha "Ich War, Wenn Ich Erwache"
06. Albert Lortzing ”Hans Sachs” (1840) Cavatine Der Kunigunde "Sehnsuchtvoll Mit Süßem Bangen"
07. Albert Lortzing ”Regina” (1848) Gebet Der Regina "Zum Vater Schau Ich Auf"
08. Conradin Kreutzer ”Libussa” (1822) Arie Der Dobra "Fest Verschlossen, Still Im Herzen"
09. Louis Spohr ”Die Kreuzfahrer” (1845) Gebet Der Emma "Gott, Der Du Schauest"
10. Franz Lachner ”Alidia” (1839) Romanze Der Alidia "Von Fernem Meeresstrande"
11. Franz Lachner ”Catharina Cornaro” (1841) Rezitativ Und Arie Der Catharina "Zwei Jahre Sind Dahin" - "Dulde, Schweige, Mein Herz"
12. Franz Lachner ”Benvenuto Cellini” (1849) Rezitativ Und Arie Der Bianca "Cellini!" - "Milde Gewalten"
13. Franz Lachner ”Die Buergschaft” (1828) Rezitativ Und Arie Der Helene "Mein Bruder Hier!" - "Liebesblüten, Freundschaftskränze"
14. Albert Lortzing ”Undine” (1850) Szene Und Arie Der Bertalda "Ich Suche Vergebens Nach Ruhe"
Cornelia Much, soprano;
Tbilisi Symphony Orchestra,
Jansug Kakhidze, conductor.
~ 368 Mb