"Dubrovsky" English Subtitle Project - intoclassics.net - форум
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
intoclassics.net - форум » Музыка » Разговоры о музыке » "Dubrovsky" English Subtitle Project (Request for help from Russian-English speakers!)
"Dubrovsky" English Subtitle Project
peeknockerДата: Понедельник, 21 Мая 12, 08:43 | Сообщение # 1
Статус: Offline
Hello from Canada!

I am currently in the final stages of creating English and Russian subtitles for the 1961 Soviet telefilm of Napravnik's "Dubrovsky." These subtitles will then be distributed gratis at various opera and classical music sites, along with the video (which was originally posted at fenixclub.com). I have previously created numerous opera subtitle projects, including English subtitles for the 1960 film of Rubinstein's "Demon," with Georg Ots. Several of my English subtitles were also the basis for translations into Russian by "Boris" at http://sub-opera.narod.ru/ and our most recent collaboration can be accessed here: http://intoclassics.net/news/2012-04-15-25902

For "Dubrovsky," I first created Russian subtitles for the video, carefully following the vocal and piano score.

Intoclassics member "Fidel" then very graciously translated these subtitles for the entire opera into English (the libretto for this opera seems not ever to have been translated into English). He is currently translating the final act.

Fellow intoclassics member "komponist" has also given very generously of his time and knowledge and has provided innumerable alternate translations for Acts I and II.

I would be enormously grateful if any Russian-English speakers would be willing to review the translation for the remainder of the opera and offer any suggested revisions.

For the purposes of translation, I have created an excel file which is divided into columns for the Russian and English text, with additional room for suggested revisions of the translation.

Please help us to complete this subtitle project and make Napravnik's neglected opera accessible to non-Russian speakers!

I can be reached at plgreif@shaw.ca

Thanks very much!

Paul
Calgary, Canada

booze

Сообщение отредактировал peeknocker - Среда, 23 Мая 12, 02:18

intoclassics.net - форум » Музыка » Разговоры о музыке » "Dubrovsky" English Subtitle Project (Request for help from Russian-English speakers!)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:
Добрая ночь!

Хостинг от uCoz